86. It is probable that the disease will damage her brain.
Her brain _________ ________ ________ be damaged by the disease.
87. Bob left England and planed to travel around Africa.
Bob left England ______ _______ _________ ____ traveling around Africa.
88. I’m sure that I have forgotten to tell you.
I ______ _________ _____________ to tell you.
89. People around the world enjoy watching him when he hosts the Academy Awards.
People ____________ _____________ the world enjoy watching him when he ______ ___________ _____________ of the Academy Award.
90. Li Ping came to help me so that I could finish my work in time.
______ _____ Li Ping’s help, I ________ _______ ___________ my work in time.
used to lead to in despair at all costs be harmful to consist of
1.Seeing that it was impossible to catch the flight, she cried ________________.
2. The brain ________________ grey and white matter.
3.I got up very late on Sundays in the last term, but now I _______________ being “an early bird”
4.I made up my mind to pass the exam ________________.
5.As is known to everybody, smoking ________________ people, especially the young.
equal to pick up date from make efforts cut down
1.The doctors are ______ ________to save the boys.
2.The school bus _______ _______ the children three times every day.
3.We will have to _______ _______ our expenses.
4.I’m not _______ ________ the tasks.
5.The palace _______ _______ the 8th century BC.
6.The 2012 Olympic Games_________ _(hold) in London.
This story is not _____________ as that one.
8. Mr. Green, together with his wife and children,_________(be) fond of swimming.
9. It’s very kind of you __________ (do) it for me.
10.She could do nothing but _________（cry）
64. He belonged ______ the working class and was able to take apart machines.
65. I’d like to do something in reward _______ her kindness.
66. I don’t think much ______ these so-called improvements to the town centre.
67. After a long search _____ the murder weapon, the police found a knife.
68. In much of the animal world, night is the time set ______ for sleep — pure and simple.
69. Buried _____ his books, he didn’t know it was raining outside.
70. They didn’t know how to put an end _______ the quarrel.
71. I don’t know what it was in the novel that made him burst _______ tears.
72. The whole city lay _____ ruins after the earthquake.
1. Wear a hat to protect yourself ______ the sun.
2. The article is good, _________ for a few spelling mistakes.
3. _____ total, for more than 375 million people, English is their mother tongue.
4. ---- What should a friend be _____?
---- I think a friend should be friendly.
81. It is known to us all that he achieved his success his diligence and intelligence.(以…为基础)
82. The more passions we have towards life, the more happiness we
83. It is easy him in a crowd because he is very tall.(挑出)
84. I dream of visiting the West Lake one day, Hangzhou is famous in the world.(介词+关系代词)
85. Liu Xing TV his friend Li Ming came in. (句型：正
turn up keep one’s word set off cut down play tricks on
51. It is a great advantage to me that I always ___________________________.
52. Not earning enough money this month , I had to _________________ my expenses.
53. He promised to come , but so far he hasn’t _________________ yet.
54. He often _______________________ me in public, which makes me angry.
55.We _________________ at dawn so that we could get to the coast before lunch time.
1. Generally, parents don’t permit their kids to do dangerous things, and thus prevent them _______________.
2. It is too early to tell whether ___________________the public expenses will be good for the company workers or not.
3. I thought I was a calm person until one day at the office when my anger __________________ me.
4. It proves to be helpful to read the book since it _______________________ valuable information.
5. __________________ Beijing and Hangzhou, the tea houses in Guangdong are lucky to keep their old-timey flavor.
6. She __________________ speeding for several times, but she was fined and ordered to perform community service this time.
7. What he __________________ when he chose Xiamen Airline were its low price and good service.
8. The naughty boy is not fond of ___________________ by his classmates at all times.
49. 这样做恐怕弊大于利。 I’m afraid it will ______ ______ ______ than good.
50. 他们损坏了汽车却逃之夭夭。 They ______ ______ ______ damaging the car.
51. 你既然已经长大，就该像样一点了。 ______ ______ you are a big boy, you must ______ ______.
52. 与其说这颜色是蓝色，不如说它是绿色。 The color seems green ______ ______ blue.
His grandfather ______ ______ in the armchair ______ a newspaper.
Evening came slowly. The hills ______ ______ ______ turned dark blue.
1. I suggest that he should make his students know their own errors.
My suggestion is that he__________ his students __________of their own errors.
2. It’s certain that he will win the game.
There is __________ __________ __________ he will win the game.
3. His classmates have observed Tom make trouble in every possible way in the classroom.
Tom __________ __________ __________ __________ make trouble in every possible way in the classroom.
4. It is likely that he will come.
He __________ __________ __________ come.
5. You may imagine that they were astonished at finding the room empty.
You may imagine their __________at finding the room empty.
6. It is believed that the city was gradually covered over by sandstorms from AD 200 to AD 400.
The city is __________to __________ __________ gradually covered over by sandstorms from AD 200 to AD 400.
7. Unluckily, all the people were buried alive, and the city was also buried alive.
Unluckily, all the people were buried alive, and__________ __________ the city.
8. No matter what difficulty you meet with, you shouldn’t give up.
__________ __________ you meet with, you shouldn’t give up.
________ the fierce competition in finding a good job in big cities, many fresh graduates are trying their fortune in medium-sized ones.
A. Regardless of B. Apart from C. Thanks to D. Due to
1.We finally came to an _________ (agree) : I would cook and Ann would clean .
2.Scientists have a firm _______ (believe) that there must be lives on Mars .
3. ________ (general) speaking , women live longer than men .
4. The twenty-six countries ________ ( sign ) an agreement to cut air pollution .
5. Her father is a _________ (music) and he is going to hold a concert on Sunday
6. Jackson’s speech was so _______ (move) that it made me cry .
7. All the students were _______ (delight) when I announced that they’d have a
three-day vacation for May Day .
8. Now he is a _______ (direct) of a large choir .
9. ________ (breath) became difficult when we climbed to the top of that mountain .
10. The present situation has some ________ (similar) to that of the 1970s .
freedom observing circulating worthwhile behave childhood disturbing output equip entertainment expanding shade outspoken struggled export
66. She spent years _________________ and recording their daily activities.
67. Jane has studied these families of chimps for many years and helped people understand how much they _______________ like humans.
68. At that time, hunger was a ________________ problem in many parts of the countryside.
69. He therefore gives millions of yuan to ___________ others for their research in agriculture.
70. Since her _____________ she had wanted to work with animals in their own environment.
71. He is now __________ his knowledge in many less developed countries to increase their rice harvests.
72. She has argued that wild animals should be left in the wild and not used for ___________ or advertisements.
73. Everybody sits and waits in the ____________of the trees while the family begins to wake up and move off.
74. He searched for a way to increase rice harvest without ________________ the area of the fields.
75. Yuan Longping has another dream: to __________ his rice so that it can be grown around the globe.
76. In 1973, he became the first agricultural pioneer in the world to grow rice that has a high __________.
77. For forty years Jane has been _______________ about making the rest of the world understand and respect the life of these animals.
78. Yuan Longping has ______________ for millions of Chinese farmers for the past five decades.
79. He feels it gives him less ___________ to do his research.
80. However, the evening makes it all ____________________.
41~42. They lost their way in the forest and ______ made matters worse was ___________ night began to fall.
43. ____________we will go there tomorrow by train hasn't been decided yet.
44. ____________ of you comes in first will be given a prize.
45. I don’t think it’s my ____________ that the TV blew up. I just turned it on. That’s all.
46. ___________ days went by, he didn’t succeed in anything he had planned.
47. On my __________(arrive) at the airport, my friend gave me a big hug.
48. Using all their ___________(strong), the driver and the passers-by pushed the car out of the mud in the end.
49. The storm left, ____________ (cause) a lot of damage to this area.
50. How ____________ (believe) beautiful the scenery beyond the mountain is!
1．—How fine the weather is! Let's go out for a walk.
—Good ________， but I need to do some cleaning first.
2．When he was a little boy, he dreamed ________ flying in the sky.
3．________ (be) honest, I'm watching the football game nervously.
4．The boy put the birthday gift into a box, attached a stamp ________ it and mailed it soon.
5．After the boys watched the Songs Competition on TV, they decided________ (form) a band in the school.
6．He has ________ (earn) enough money to buy a new bike by selling papers at weekends.
7．The actress ________(performance) so well that the audience cheered and clapped excitedly.
8．Some people always like playing jokes ________others, but dislike being made fun of.
9．—Since you are 18 years old, you shouldn't always rely________ your parents.
—I will follow your advice.
10．There are two buildings beside my school, ________ larger of which is a hospital.
11．Last month, some ships broke ________ when the typhoon hit the port.
12．—In Shanghai Expo, the exhibitions, which we have already visited, are all excellent.
—________ addition, there are many other interesting things for you to do.
13．It took me quite a long time to sort ________ the books, magazines and notebooks.
14．After the foreign guests got familiar ________ the Chinese traditional festivals, they liked to live in China.
15．I have many friends, ________ (who) three are well known for their singing popular songs.
75. What it was to become was uncertain until between 4.5 and 3.8 billion years ago when the dust _______________ a solid globe.
76. It was not immediately obvious that water _______________ to the development of life.
77. So whether life will continue on the earth for millions of _______________ will depend on whether this problem can be solved.
78. The fish are not sharks or killer whales, but favourite eating varietieslike cod and skate which grow to _______________, sometimes as much as twelve feet in length.
79. He said that someone might be spying on the station and the pilot was ordered to _______________ the strange object.
80. Those who failed to get in _______________ disappointed, as many of the artistes who should have appeared did not come.
set off take place look forward to cut down bring up
account for settle down be fundamental to turn up in rags
46. Don’t bother to look for my umbrella; it will_________ some day.
47. Water and oxygen ______________ the development of life on the earth.
48. When Kyle was a baby we used to take him for rides in the car to ______ him _____.
49. Children_________ begged for money from the tourists.
50. Tom behaves in the strangest way; I can’t _______ his actions at all.
51. Her mother left her when she was one year old and she _________ by her grandparents.
52. I won’t have a cigarette, thanks--- I ’m trying to _________ on them.
53. He has worked hard and is________ his retirement.
54. We have never discovered what_________ that night.
55. If you want to catch that train we’d better____________ for the station immediately.
out of breath、met with、fit in、is bound to、coming on、
am occupied with、in need、helping out、am dying to、in other words
61. I _______ my office work and have little time for the housework.
62. Spring _______, the trees turned green.
63. He arrived at my office in less than two minutes, _______.
64. --- Do you work in this office?
--- No, as a clerk in this office is on vacation, I’m just _______ here for a week.
65. His parents are dead. _______, he is an orphan.
66. He has never done this type of work before; I’m not sure how he’ll _______ with the other employees.
67. Thousands of people donated money and food to those _______.
68. Look at the shining stars in the sky. The weather _______ get better tomorrow.
69. I _______ him at the bus stop and together we went to dinner at a restaurant.
70. I _______ see him again and ask him for further help.
76. Because of such a sharp comment, a bitter argument broke out.
Such a sharp comment was an __________ __________ the bitter argument.
77. If penicillin hadn’t been available, many people would have died from bacterial illnesses.
__________ penicillin, many people would have lost their lives ______ a result of bacterial
78. They assume that children spend too much time chatting and playing games on the Internet.
They ________ the __________ that children spend too much time chatting and playing games
on the Internet.
79. They use special chemicals to make crops grow faster.
They use special chemicals to __________ the ________ of crops.
80. Though he is eager to get good marks, he doesn’t work hard enough.
He is _________ ________ getting good marks, but he doesn’t work hard enough.
81. When you are searching on the Internet, you should consider several things.
There are several things to _______ into _____________ when you are searching on the Internet.
82. All the students have been busy all week preparing for the mid-term examination.
All the students have been ______ the _______ all week preparing for the mid-term examination.
83. Guess the meaning of the word according to the context instead of referring to the dictionary.
Guess the meaning of the word according to the context _______ ______ refer to the dictionary.
84. The first colour TV programme was not broadcast until 1938.
________ was not until 1938 ________ the first colour TV programme was broadcast.
85. The long walk in the desert made him tired.
The long walk in the desert _________ him __________.
A. price B. tend C. economical D. automatically E. condition
F. decorating G. interfere H. collecting I. mind J. shiny K. considerately
When people need to make purchases, whether large-ticket items or small, they don’t necessarily consider purchasing that item used. If the thought does end up crossing their ___41___, they may think that finding somewhere to purchase a used item is too much of a trouble, or that the item won’t be in the best shape. Whatever the reason, they don’t bother, and go straight for ___42___ new things. What these people don’t realize is that when it comes to certain items, there is no point paying full ___43___. For certain items you can find equal quality with second-hand, and for a small part of the cost. And with some online sites, finding those items couldn’t be easier. Why pay more when you could be saving loads of money?
Here are some items that you would be much better off buying used:
1. Cars: The new car smell is unforgettable, but what’s even more unforgettable is the fact that the minute you drive a brand new car off a lot, its value drops ___44___ by about 20%. You lose 20% in the first few spins of the wheel alone! Unless you have unlimited resources, buying a used car is a clear ___45___ choice. In addition, insurance is usually a lot less on used cars than new cars. You can find a car in excellent ___46___ that’s a few years old. Definitely worth the savings.
2. Textbooks: These days, even high school text books for advanced courses can cost you more than $200 dollars. Most likely, at the end of the semester, that $200 will end up sitting at the bottom of a pile of junk in the corner of a room, ___47___ dust. Don’t waste money on a new textbook. You can find used textbooks without scribbles on the pages, or anything that will ___48___ with studies. Choose to either rent, borrow, or buy your text book second hand.
3. Furniture: It’s no secret that furniture is pricey, and if you’re in the process of ___49___ a new space with new furniture, prepare for your wallet to be drained. However, it doesn’t have to be that way. If you’re worried about the furniture being worn, just set up a time to go see it before you make the purchase. Flea markets are one of the excellent places for used furniture shopping. Flea markets also ___50___ to have very unique pieces, which you wouldn’t be able to find in your department store.