Recently, our class had a discussion about whether middle school students should listen to MP3 player at school.
①40%的学生支持这个观点，他们说作为一名中学生，那样做很潮。(fashionable,潮流的)②而且，在听音乐的时候我们还能得到放松。(while,在…时候) ③第三，在随身听的帮助下，我们可以听听英语来提高英语水平。(English level,英语水平) Others, however, hold the opposite idea. ④首先，这对学习有很不好的影响，因为这样做会很花时间。(effect, n.影响)⑤而且，听的时间太多对听力有害。(harm, n.危害) Thirdly, it is a waste of money to buy an MP3 player.
⑥在我看来，我们应该合理使用随身听。(use, n.利用) Even if we do want to use it, we are supposed to limit the time strictly.
Our English teacher _____________ __________ ___________us.
Smith _____________ her in hospital.
It seemed that the water _____________ __________ ___________.
What you say __________ ___________.
Who__________ ___________ a theory about black holes.
What _____________ do you _____________ from the evidence you've heard?
_________ when you lose your health___________ you realize its importance.
Many thousands of terrified people died_____________ ____________ there was an outbreak.
The speech was ___________ __________ _________ they were all excited。
56.John Snow ______ ______ a suggestion that people not be exposed to polluted water.
57.The rescue team _____ ______ eight soldiers and two doctors.
58.John is ill and I want to know who is going to ____ ____ _____ _____ him.
59.She seems ____ ____ she is going to cry.
60.He was so interested in the TV programme that he ____ ____ ____ his mother in the room.
61.The train soon ____ ____.
61．This is the first time we ______ ______ (看) a film in the cinema
together as a family.
62. His parents ______ _______ ________ _______(非常担心)his life and safety.
63. Faced with difficulties，he knows how to find ways to______ _______(渡过) them.
64. I hate all this travel；I want to get married and______ _______.（定居）
65. Mary _______ _______ (记下) what the teacher said at class in order to go over the knowledge after class.
66. I couldn’t go home _______ ______(由于)a heavy rain.
67. He doesn’t _______ ______ _______ _______(相处得好)anybody in the office.
68. He said，“Don’t make so much noise, boys.” （改为间接引语）
69. “I will take it home with me,” she said. （改为间接引语）
41.He is so (固执的) that no one can persuade him to do anything.
42.I _____(更喜欢) the red dress to the green one because it fits me better.
43.The _______ (窗帘) are all very dirty.
44.According to the _____(时间表) we should finish it.
45.We left last ________(星期三).
46.Go _______(直接) along this road and turn left at the traffic lights.
47.I think it is wrong of you to ______ (忽视，不重视)your parents’ advice.
48.He _________（最终）convinced her that reading is a pleasure.
49.Whatever we said ,he______ (不同意).
50.Sichuan ________________（遭受）serious damage from the earthquake on May 12, 2008.
51.The film is （以......为基础）on a novel by Zhang Ailing.
52.English is spoken as an (官方的) language in Australia.
53.The German speak English with a strong German （口音，腔调）.
54.I （认出）Peter at once, though I hadn’t seen him for 10 years.
55.She speaks (流利) though not very correct French.
1. Add some milk and sugar coffee before drinking it.
2. It was the first time in a year and a half that she (see) the night face to face.
3. I __________(认出) his voice over the phone.
4. His idea is __________(基于) on facts, not on imagination.
5. He (go) through many difficulties before he succeeded.
6. Nature was one thing _______ must be experienced.
7. The man's ______ (身份) was being kept secret while he was helping police with the murder.
8. Let’s have some sports o________ instead of staying indoors.
9. I have been to some foreign countries, ___________ Thailand, America and Canada.
10. Another time she happened to be upstairs at dusk _____ the window was open.
11. After her husband was killed by the German Nazis, her friends helped her ________（度过）
the hard period.
12. Do you think ________ (游泳) is allowed in the lake?
13. I'd like to speak English f_______（流利地）.
14. Every week our French teacher gives us a list of ___________ (词汇) to learn.
15. He was a young sailor(水手) on his first sea v______.
16. It is because he smoked too much ______ he’s got lung cancer.
72.省去 不考虑 遗漏____________________
We should be ______ to design school uniforms _______ourselves.
Eating dumplings in ______ ______ is a Chinese traditional custom.
You should ______ ______ your homework, but you didn’t.
People suffered from the flood were provided _____ some food and clothes ______the Red Cross.
He said that he would give her the present______ ______ ______ she came back.
13.与…相处，进展 14.走进，上来，提出 15.自从,自…以后 16.改变主意
1.____________ n. 画家；油漆工 2.____________ n. 油画
3. ____________ adj. 科学的 4. ____________ n. 科学
5. ____________v. 打败，战胜 6. ____________v. 照顾；护理；出席；参加
7. ____________n./v. 挑战 8. ____________v. 预见，预知
9.____________ v. 专家；行家 10.____________ n. 专家意见
11. ____________ adj. 确定的 12. ____________ n. 确定，确实
13. ____________adj. 不确定的 14. ____________n. 矛盾，冲突
15. ____________v. 创造 16. ____________adj. 有创造力的；创造性的
17.____________ v. 联合，团结 18.____________ n. 联合；联盟；协会
19. ____________ adj. 教育的 20. ____________ n. 描写；描述
21. draw a _________ 得出结论 22. __________ from 除… … 之外
23. __________up 打扫；横扫 24. be _______ _______ 对……严格
25. _______ ______ 讲得通,有意义 26. _______ _______由… …组成
27. _______ _______from 挣脱；脱离 28. _______ _______省去；遗漏；不考虑
29. _____ _____ _____of 代替 30. _______ _______移动；溜进… …
She a good suggestion at the meeting yesterday.
The measures taken by the government will effectively the commercial growth of the country.
Only if you put the sun there did the movements of the other planets in the sky ..
Now when people refer to England you find Wales included .
The prisoner from his guards while being taken to another jail.
I still cannot believe that I am this prize that I won last year.
So many thousands of terrified people died there was an outbreak.
the injury to his face, he broke his left leg in this accident.
It would be difficult to find a man to the secretary.
61. Since then she made several more __________ (唱片) and she has continued giving great
performances on stage.
62. Her singing was full of feelings; the first part of the song was filled with _______ (生气),
while the last part expressed love and joy.
63. He tried his best to solve the problem, ____________ (无论多么) difficult it was.
64. Because of Kong’s ________ (才干) and hard work, he became famous worldwide.
65. ______ that all the guests have arrived, let’s have dinner.
66. They are dressed in beautiful costumes, skipping _______ and forth to the rhythm of loud
67. Anybody related _______ the accident should say something about it.
68. During his lifetime, he developed the tradition of _______ (结合) poetry with painting.
69. Its black eyes, ______ are fixed on the cabbage, show the creature’s interest in the vegetable.
70. It’s typical _______ him to be curious about others’ affairs.
71. Do you think this shirt is too tight ________ the shoulders? You should buy a larger size.
72. He went there for the __________ (目的) of visiting his old friend.
73. The chair ________ leg was broken has been repaired.
74. ______ the time I got to the station, the train had already gone.
75. Wolong is home __________ pandas.
1) In 982 AD, when a man called Eric the Red decided to set _______ further west, there were
as many as 10,000 Vikings living in Iceland.
2) He __________ (说服) some people to go back with him to Greenland.
3) It’s said in Australia there are more lands than the government knows _______ to do with
4) This book is _______ such importance that it must be published at any cost.
5) They can be _________ (教育) about daily life on the beach in this exciting area.
6) It is said that people are twice as likely to tell lies over the phone _______ they are in emails.
7) We went round and round, nearer and nearer to the horrible __________ (边缘) of the whirl-
8) A study shows that students living in non-smoking dorms are less likely to pick _______ the
9) From then on, they were happy to follow Zheng He _________ (无论哪里) he led them.
10) And our porters carry your luggage, _________ means that you can simply enjoy the experi-
11) Hiking trips can be ____________ (不舒服的) and even dangerous.
12) Snowboarding has ______________ (相似) with surfing.
13) You put on diving __________ (设备) and dive under a frozen lake.
14) Working outside can mean too much sun exposure, which _________ turn can lead to skin
15) He was also ___________ (困惑) by the black stones peopled used to burn for fuel.
61. This kind of desk is __________ (设计) for the children who are shortsighted.
62. Wang Shu finally won her parents’ __________ (支持) after a long talk with them.
63. Reducing the gap between the rich and the poor is one of the main __________ (挑战) facing the government.
64. To enrich our life, more after-class activities should be __________ (组织).
65. No man could switch him off when he talked about his colorful __________ (社交的) life.
66. These houses are in __________ (紧急的) need of repairs after the heavy rain.
67. There was a __________ (轻便的，手提的) television switched on behind the bar.
68. Mona is never happy. Listen, she’s now __________ (抱怨) about her lunch!
69. What can be more __________ (放松) than returning home after a tiring day and having dinner with your family?
70. His __________ (决定) to study medicine has made his father proud.
71. When Brian gets up, he doesn’t get up i__________ (立刻, 马上).
72. Just now I d__________ my friend’s number, but the line was busy.
73. A temperature of m__________ ten degrees centigrade can be very cold in Huainan.
74. She will g__________ from Peking University with a degree in law next July.
75. A __________ is someone who does work without being paid because he or she wants to do it.
76. He said he p__________ to walk alone rather than stay with us.
77. An e__________ is a person with special knowledge, skill or training in a particular field.
78. As a child, Eric lived in a house r__________ from any town or village.
79. He closed his eyes to put a stop to all distracting (分心的) thoughts, sitting there quietly and p__________.
80. I’ll put some warm water in the b__________ so you can wash your face.
71. His idea to organize a big party has won （支持）from his friends.
72. Worrying over his job and his wife's health, David really leads a （有压力的）life.
73. As a(n) g of a famous university, he found a good job.
74. I s from a bad headache after the operation last week.
75. It is not what you say but what you do that （要紧）.
76. Many students make many c about their too much homework. They almost have no time to relax themselves.
77. What else do you think is another great （有挑战性的）task to science today?
78. We must do enough exercise every day. O , we may become sick.
79. I heard a weak sound in the d （在远方），which surprised me.
80. He is to (应该）have finished all the courses in the university by himself.
Lots of constructive advice has been _____ _____ at the meeting to settle the argument.
The experts suggested that parents _____ _____ _____ their children in certain situation.
It doesn’t _____ _____ to buy that expensive coat when these cheaper ones are just as good.
It is greatly _____ _____ _____ that you have passed such a difficult examination.
It is recognized that computers will never _____ _____ _____ _____ human beings despite its convenience.
Her health has _____ _____ due to her working too hard.
The newly-appointed manager will _____ _____ her responsibilities next week.
On account of the darkness, I didn’t dare to _____ _____; Finally, I arrived there late.
My friend Li Ming always feels 61.__________(不安的) about some small things and couldn't calm 62.__________. His classmates are tired of him and 63._________（不理睬） him. Teachers are 64.__________（担忧） about him and often talk with him face to face，however，all the efforts are in vain.
One day at dusk, he 65.__________（suffer） from a stomachache. The teachers and students sent him to hospital without delay and took good care of him. After he 66._________ (recover), he was 67.________ (感激) to the teachers and classmates. From then on, he no longer disturbs his classmates and often joins them in 68.________（settle） some problems. He is getting along well with his classmates now.
As far as I'm concerned, it's the love and care from the teachers and his classmates 69._________ has changed him 70._____________ (entire).
1. But he became inspired when he thought about helping ordinary people _______ ( 暴露 ) to cholera .
2. ________ _________（只有） you put the sun there did the movements of the other plants in the sky ________ ________（讲得通）.
3. With all these attractions ,________ ________ (难怪)tourism is increasing wherever there is a Disneyland .
4. _______ ________（一般而言） ,studying international customs can certainly help avoid difficulties in today’world of cultural crossroads .
5. John Snow wanted to ______ _______ _________ (面对挑战)and solve this problem.
6. _______ ________ _______ ________ ________（第一个到达的人）was Tony Garcia from Clombia , closely ________（跟随） by Julia Smith from Britain.
7. It seemed that the water ______ _______ _________（应受责备）.
8. However ,people from places like Spain ,Italy or South American countries approach others closely and _______ more ________ __________（有可能） touch them.
9. So many thousands of terrified people died _________ ___________（每次）there was an outbreak.
10. Some parks _______ ________ ________（以---闻名） having the biggest or longest roller coasters.
11. Yesterday ,another students and I ,_________（代表） our university’ students association to meet this year’s international students .
Red will help you when you are __ .
The problem can’t .
Not only his parents but also he ___
to those ones.
No one in our town knows ___________________________________________ the robot.
Young people should often .
After the accident, she was so ____