81. The farmers in this area had a good harvest last year thanks to the s_____________farming.
82. He was a____________________in the book.
83. He finished his work in a p__________________（积极的） way.
84.We must try to _________________（分析）the causes of the strike.
85. The famous Korean play actor got an________（热情的） reception in Hong Kong.
86. A v_________________is a kind of germ that can cause disease.
87. To his _______________(高兴), he got the last ticket for the wonderful performance.
88. This engine is used for p_________water out of the mine.
89. The new railway station under ________ (建设)will be completed by the end of the year.
90.Please write me a letter telling me where you are at your _____________(方便).
56. After she made helpful c on my work, I made rapid progress.
57. While I was in London, I enjoyed galleries from time to time because the paintings there a to me very much.
58. I live near to my school, so it is ______（convenience）for me to go to school on foot.
59. B yourself, or I won’t take you out to dinner.
60. There is a general (aware) that smoking is harmful.
61. The watch is beautiful but a little expensive. So she spent hours b for it.
62. The supermarket doors shut . (自动)
63. Have a diet (均衡饮食) to stay healthy.
64. Be (务实的)! We can’t afford the car and the vacation.
65. The most amazing thing about nature is its infinite v .（多样性）
66. It is beyond (argue) that Nanhai belongs to China.
67. This problem is due to the fault.(电力故障)
68. I walked out of the cinema, d (决心) I’d never come to this place.
69. I went and sat in a cafe and watched the .(过路人)
70. We are all c (担心) about her safety.
66.Their greed(贪婪）is endless, so you can never s_____________ them.
67.In ancient times, wealth was measured and e_______________ in things that could could be touched: food,tools and stones.
68.You need to sell yourself to the employer by c___________them that you have the knowledge, skills, and experience they need.
69.As the evidence began to a____, experts from the Zoo felt obliged to investigate.
70.Having taught English for nearly 30 years, Mr. Fang is an e___________ teacher.
71.They pride themselves on their i_________ , their right to make up their own minds.
72.Paw prints were seen in a number of places and puma fur was found c______to bushes.
73.The c___________ to find jobs for people who have been out of work the longest is greater in
such a hard time.
74.It is d_________ to think that a dangerous wild animal is still at large in the quiet countryside. 75.My dream eventually came true, because of his e______________.
76. We need to stop thinking of companies and businessmen as the enemy, and give them more c________.
77. The table m_______two meters long takes up too much space of the dinning hall.
78. The article can not be copied without the p________of the author.
79. We only have a small supply of water, so water c__________ is important.
80. No j__________should be made before you know the whole picture.
81. He followed in his father’s f_________ and became a surgeon.
82. They disregard social conventions which i_________wins them the love and respect of others.
83. The manager was most a___________ and reprimanded the assistant severely.
84. The crew were at first under the i__________that the lost ship had been sunk many years ago.
85. The news that he was fired was c__________ officially.
68．Their greed(贪婪)is endless, so you can never s_____________ them.
69．In ancient times, wealth was measured and e_______________ in things that could be touched: food, tools and stones.
70．You need to sell yourself to the employer by c___________them that you have the knowledge, skills, and experience they need.
71．As the evidence began to a____, experts from the Zoo felt obliged to investigate.
72．Having taught English for nearly 30 years, Mr. Fang is an e___________ teacher.
73．They pride themselves on their i_________ , their right to make up their own minds.
74．Paw prints were seen in a number of places and puma fur was found c______ to bushes.
75．The c___________ to find jobs for people who have been out of work the longest is greater in such a hard time.
76．It is d_________ to think that a dangerous wild animal is still at large in the quiet countryside.
77．My dream eventually came true, because of his _______(鼓励).
61.The boy’s （behave）towards me shows that he dosen’t like me
62.He looked （embarrass）when he made a mistake in class.
63.Someone might be (amuse) when telling a joke.
64.My brother was taught to read by my mother, and (similar), so was I.
65.Henry appeared (relax) and confident before the match.
66.I never saw such a(n) (energy) boy, who was always working or playing hard.
67.It is important to consider the (distant ) from public transportation when buying a house.
68.They (frighten) the white bird away by rising to their feet suddenly.
69.The kind woman has adopted more than ten disabled or sick babies
(abandon) by others.
70.Please refer to the (instruct) before you switch on the engine.
61. Nowadays many people living in the city don’t enjoy _________(城市的) life.
62. The reptiles produced young generally by l____________ eggs.
63. This unit is a play ________(以…为基础)on a short story by an American writer --- Mart Twain.
64. There are some who show great _________(好奇心) about other people’s affairs.
65. The slave trade was ____________ (废除) in1807.
71.The three boy students Miss White paid special attention to ________(make) great
progress at last.
72.It is so cold that you can’t go outside ________fully covered in thick clothes.
73.---What time is it?
---I have no idea. But just a minute, I ________(check) it for you.
74.---Can I call you back at two o’clock this afternoon?
---I’m sorry, but by then I ______________(fly) to Beijing. How about five?
75.China __________(see) a sharp increase in the number of aged people over the past
76.---Have you moved into your new house?
---Not yet. It ________________(paint)at present.
77.It’s said that Rich ________be fined if he doesn’t listen to the teacher.
78. Sometimes smiles around the world ________ be false, hiding other feelings like anger,
fear or worry.
79. I have heard a lot of good things about you ________I came back from abroad.
80. We need some more facts and data ________ we make the final decision.
61.Contrary to __________ many people might assume, evidence shows that sharks seldom attack humans.
62.The missing boy was nowhere ___________ (find).
63.The possibility _________ pleasant smells might reduce pain has recently been suggested by new research.
64.Old English consisted of a __________ （mix）of the Angles and the Saxons’ languages.
65.When he woke up, he found himself ___________ (lie) in a warm bed.
66. By the time he was 18 years old, he _____________ (travel) to most of the countries in Europe.
67. She was very grateful _________ her teachers, who gave her much care and encouragement.
68. It is ___________ (interest) to learn how the words for animals and meat developed.
69.At the sight of the bear, the girl stepped back and shook _________ fear.
70.By this time next year my brother ____________ (finish) high school.
61. He succeeded in o____________ many difficulties in learning English.
62. U___________, the lonely man died at last.
63. Every year, they e_______________ a lot of tea and cotton to many different countries.
64. Life became a s______________ for survival.
65. They persuaded the shopkeeper to r ________ the price of the book to 10 yuan.
66. The disease spread _____________(遍及) the country, getting most people into a panic.
67. Tom is ___________ (扩大) his story into a novel.
68. Have you got any _______________ (评论) on the new plan?
69. A museum should aim to ______________ (使欢乐) people as well as educate.
70. Local residents have __________（作出反应）angrily to the news.
• Actually all languages change when cultures c_____1____ with one another. The English spoken between about AD 450 and 1150 was different the English spoken today. It was b___2____ more on German than English we speak at p__3_____ . Then from about 1150 to 1500 it became less like German, and more like French because those w____4___ ruled England at that time spoke French. These new settlers e____5____ the English language.
• Ever since middle school, Wang Wei and Wang Kun have d__6___ about taking a bike trip. After g___7___ from college, they finally got the chance. It was Wang Wei who first had the idea to cycle along the entire river, so she started to plan their s__8____ for the trip. Though the trip would begin at an a___9___ of over 5 km, Wang Wei’s d___10___ look suggested that she would not change her mind.
Every flu season it seems like we’re bombarded (炮轰, 轰击) with commercials for new and improved medicines promising to relieve terrible headaches and f___1___. But for many people around the world, the secret to avoiding a nasty or even fatal cold might lie in a better diet, not drugs. Researchers from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center in Maryland, and the Nestle Research Center in Switzerland have found that a deficiency of the mineral selenium (硒) may c___2___ to the spread of highly virulent strains of influenza virus.
The team infected two g___3____ of mice—one that had sufficient selenium in their diets and one that did not — with a type of flu that also affects h___4___. The selenium-deficient mice were more l___5___ to get sick after being infected. More worrisome (令人不安的), the flu virus grew m___6___ virulent when it re-emerged for the selenium-deficient mice.
Random mutations (变异) normally alter the genes responsible f___7___ designing the proteins on the virus’s surface. But in selenium-deficient mice, “it’s the exact opposite to what we expected,” says Beck, a researcher. The rapid mutation was instead occurring in genes that code for internal proteins. Those changes, she says, might reprogram the flu strain, making it more contagious (传染性的).
Beck and her team are still uncertain exactly h___8___ selenium fits into the puzzle, but scientists know the mineral is necessary for antioxidant (抗氧化剂) activity in the body. without selenium, excess (过度的) free radicals wreak havoc (发泄, 报仇) on the viral (滤过性病毒) RNA, leading to those unexpected mutations, says Beck.
Common sources of selenium include breads, meats and fish, foods that Americans eat in abundance, says Orville Levander, a chemist at the Beltsville Nutrition Center. But Levander points out that some areas in China l___9___ selenium in the soil, and people who live there require selenium supplements to a___10___ health problems.
61. They may also feel a bit ________(紧张) about the coming exam.
62.Do you think China means more ___________(机遇) or threat to the word.
63. Years ago, in some countries there were no _________(移民) law at all.
64.I hope you all accept my ________(道歉) and give me a chance.
65. We have to do what is right _________(自信).
66. Don’t ________(犹豫) to speak to me when you have any difficulty.
67.Flora was a lot happier after she _______(克服)her fear of meeting new people.
68.The government began to investigate his ________(看不见) earning。
69.The captain uses a campass to find ________(方向)
70.Those who break the laws must be _________(惩罚) by laws.
71. a________________ an uncomfortable feeling of nervousness or worry about something that is happening or might happen in the future.
72. n________ ______ ordinary or usual; the same as would be expected;
73. b________________ to move air into, and out of, the lungs;
74. a________________ extremely bad or unpleasant;
75. p________________ having great power or force or effect;
76. c________________ when something joins or is joined to something else;
77. i________________ against the law; not allowed by law;
78. r_______________ to know someone or something because you have seen, heard or experienced them before;
79. a________________ the group of people gathered in one place to watch or listen to a play, film, someone speaking, etc;
80. t________________ (someone who has) a natural ability to be good at something, especially without being taught
81. i_______________ v. to affect or change how someone or something develops, behaves or thinks;
82. o________________ see and notice (somebody/something); watch carefully;
83. c________________ bright; full of colour;
84. d________________ damage something so badly that it no longer exists, works, etc.
85. a________________ active; lively
1. Despite of the seemingly irrational discounts（疯狂折扣） on Nov. 11st, don’t let yourself be p_________ into buying things you don’t really want.
2. After President Xi’s visit to Britain, Fish ‘n’ Chips and Ale (苦啤酒) are p________ by Chinese tourists traveling to Britain.
3. An optimistic person is more likely to take a positive a_______ towards life while in trouble.
4. Don’t beat around the bush (旁敲侧击); just get s________ to the point.
5. After the earthquake, the fallen trees and buildings were b________ the roads, which caused cars and buses to be unable to move.
6. With a thundering noise, I realize that the balloon has just b________.
7. A life without a p________ is a ship without a rudder(舵).
8. According to the schedule, in December, 2015, President Xi is leaving for an o________ tour of South Africa.
9. When the snow melted（融化）, the river f________ southeast to the South China Sea.
10. Facing a new situation, fresh high school students need to learn how to o________ their work properly.
（1）The task will be finished ahead of s_____________ if nothing prevents.
（2）She’s r_____________, so all of us rely on her.
（3）Mr. Smith has been _____________ (专心致志) in his research for more than 3 hours.
（4）He was 18 years old when he _____________ (毕业) from high school.
（5）She is optimistic and has a positive a_____________ towards life.
（6）He got _____________ (受伤) in the right leg while playing football last week.
（7）The city of San Francisco was hit by an earthquake. A village in this area was also under _____________ (攻击).
（8）Everywhere they looked nearly everything was _____________ (摧毁).
（9）Boys and girls are e_____________, and thus they should be treated fairly.
（10）People often value the q_____________ of a product rather than its packaging.
71. 紧急的adj. u________________
72. 居民 n. i________________
73. 巨大的 adj. v________________
74. 羽毛 n. f________________
75. 战役，活动 n. c__________________
76. 废料，垃圾 n. g_________________
77. 发生 v. o______________
78. 原则，准则 n. p________________
79. 辞职 v. r_________________
80. 民用的，国内的 adj. c_______________
81. 容纳（乘客等）v. a_________________
82. (历史的) 遗迹，遗物 n. r______________
83. 幸运地，幸亏 adv. f________________
84. 预告，预报 vt. f________________
85. 迁移，搬迁 vt. r______________
86. 有意义，有道理 _____ _____
87. 突然遭遇（风暴等）_____ _____ _____
88. 浏览 _____ _____
89. 依据 _____ _____ _____
90. 努力 _____ _____
There was a boy who was sent by his parents to a boarding school （寄宿学校）．Before being sent away，this boy was the 56.b student in his class. He was at the top in every competition always with high marks.
But the boy 57.c after leaving home and attending the boarding school. His grades started dropping. He hated being in a group（团体、集体）. He was lonely all the time. His parents started 58.w about the boy. But they even did not know what was 59. w_____ with him. So his dad decided to travel to the boarding school and talk with him.
They sat on the bank of the lake near the school. The father started asking him some casual（随便的） questions 60.a his classes，teachers and sports. After some time his dad said，“Do you know，son，why I am here today？”
The boy answered back，“To check my 61.g ？”
“No, no,” his dad replied immediately. “I am here only to tell you that you are the most 62. i person for me. I want to see you happy. I don’t 63.c about grades. I care about you. I care about your happiness. You are my life.”
These words caused the boy’s eyes to be 64.f with tears. He hugged his dad. They didn’t say anything to each other for a long time.
Now the boy had everything he wanted. He knew there was someone on this earth 65. w_____ cared for him deeply. And today this young man is in college at the top of his class and no one has ever seen him sad！
Dear Mum and Dad,
Tomorrow is my birthday．It means I am 1 8 years
old and become an a ．Now I'm writing to you 76．
to e my thanks and I'd like to tell you about my 77．
future plan．You've made great （努力 ）to bring 78．
me up．It is you first gave me encouragement when I 79.
met with difficulties, （尤其 ）when I was not getting 80.
along well my studies．Indeed, your inspiration was 81．
like a lamp, _ offered me light of hope, courage and 82．
confidence．I am now a Senior Three student （面对 ） 83．
the college entrance examination．I will devote to 84．
preparing for it．I am s my dream will come true． 85．
Believe in me, Mum and Dad．I will make a difference．
As is known to us all, a healthy body is important to every one
of us．Only keeping ourselves healthy can we feel energetic 81．
and （自信）in our daily studies and work． 82．
Doing sports is one of the best to make us fit．Those who 83．
exercise （有规律地）are in better shape．People’s tastes in 84．
sports are different．Some people love basketball w others are 85．
in cycling．For some people, swimming is the best kind of sport, 86．
and for others, they can’t i their lives without the gym．Life is 87．
a movement and sport is the very thing gives us an opportunity 88．
to move．I like running best．It h me enjoy good health and 89．
keep a good mood to complete all those （任务）of the day． 90．