I was assigned to take care of this patient a couple of weeks ago and began to grow closer to her. Communicating with her was 36 because everything she wanted to say to me had to be written on a notepad. As a nursing graduate, I was able to 37 her mind by observing even a slight 38 in a patient's facial expression.
One day, when I was checking the patient，she 39 me on the shoulder to show me a note，"Do you think I could be let go 40 the hospital in a month to see my niece get married?，，Taking her hand in mine, I told her that I could not 41 her，because I did not want to leave her a 42 sense of hope. 43，I made her believe that I would be there with her every step of the way on her journey toward 44 . Hearing that, the patient gave me a 45 and a hug.
Day by day, I built her 46 by walking around the floor with her. As I did this, I could see before my own eyes that her health was 47 improving and able to walk more steadily. On her last day in hospital, just before her niece’s 48 ，she wrote me one last note, “I couldn’t have done this 49 you; I love you.” After kissing goodbye, I had a strong sense of achievement. I realized that moments like this were 50 I woke up early for 51 in the hospital and spent long hours with her. I truly felt, and her 52 confirmed, that I was an 53 part of this woman’s recovery. My experience with this patient shows me that this career allows me to touch the 54 of people in ways that people in other 55 will never get to experience.
36. A. difficult B. funny C. simple D. interesting
37. A. see B. know C. read D. feel
38. A. worry B. change C. pain D. excitement
39. A. tapped B. hit C. knocked D. struck
40. A. of B. to C. in D. from
41. A. disappoint B. promise C. comfort D. trust
42. A. false B. strong C. right D. good
43. A. Therefore B. Besides C However D. Furthermore
44. A. death B. success C. destination D. recovery
45. A. surprise B. stare C. smile D. whistle
46. A. future B. strength C. hope D. confidence
47. A. slowly B. completely C. rapidly D. finally
48. A. presence B. visit C. wedding D. presentation
49. A. without B. behind C. except D. beside
50. A. what B. why C. when D. how
51. A. work B. school C. office D. exercise
52. A. expression B. note C. feeling D. treatment
53. A. irrelevant B. insignificant C. instructive D. important
54. A. fortunes B. shoulders C. lives D. tears
55. A. hospitals B. areas C. lands D. fields
36—40 ACBAD 41—45 BACDC 46—50 BACAB 51— ^cooco.Net.cn<