I was walking down the road one day when my cell phone rang. A strange voice on the other end spoke to me, “Dad, please come back soon. I miss you so much!” I judged that it was a 1 number. A little while later, the call came once again, so I rudely 2 , “You’ve dialed the wrong number!” and then 3 .
During the following days, I got the same 4 now and then. But I didn’t care much about it.
Then one day she constantly called me even though I didn’t answer. Finally I answered the phone and heard a weak voice, “Dad, please come back. I miss you so much! Dad, I’m 5 so much pain! Mom said you were too busy to take 6 of me. But, dad, please kiss me again, OK?” The innocent ( 天真 ) 7 was difficult to refuse. I made a 8 kiss on the phone and heard the weak voice say, “Thank you... Dad, I am so... happy, so....happy…”
Shortly after this, I became 9 about who had been on the other end of my phone. So I called back, and a woman answered, “Sorry, sir. I am really sorry to have bothered you. My daughter has suffered from bone cancer 10 she was born. And her father... died in an 11 a short while ago. I dare not tell her this sad news. Poor baby. When she couldn’t bear the painful chemotherapy ( 化疗 ), she would cry for her dad, who had always 12 her. I really couldn’t bear it, so I gave her my phone number...”
“How is your daughter now?” I couldn’t 13 to ask.
“She’s 14 . You must have kissed her on the phone, because she passed away with a smile, tightly holding the cell phone...”
15 filled my eyes and I was so sad to hear that.
1 ． A ． bad B ． different C ． wrong D ． unlucky
2 ． A ． refused B ． explained C ． answered D ． returned
3 ． A ． turned off B ． hung off C ． got off D ． took off
4 ． A ． number B ． call C ． telephone D ． result
5 ． A ． in B ． of C ． on D ． at
6 ． A ． control B ． attention C ． care D ． interest
7 ． A ． condition B ． suggestion C ． advice D ． request
8 ． A ． loud B ． soft C ． low D ． sweet
9 ． A ． surprised. B ． curious C ． interested D ． amazed
10 ． A ． when B ． as C ． since D ． after
11 ． A ． invitation B ． accident C ． event D ． experiment
12 ． A ． praised B ． supported C ． satisfied D ． encouraged
13 ． A ． expect B ． help C ． wait D ． want
14 ． A ． survived B ． gone C ． passed D ． escaped
15 ． A ． Anger B ． Cries C ． Tears D ． Disappointment
1 ． C
2 ． C
3 ． B
4 ． B
5 ． A
6 ． C
7 ． D
8 ． A
9 ． B
10 ． C
11 ． B
12 ． D
13 ． C
14 ． B
15 ． C
1 ．考查形容词词义辨析。句意：我判断那是个错误的号码。 A. bad 坏的； B. different 不同的； C. wrong 错的； D. unlucky 不幸的。结合后文 “You’ve dialed the wrong number!” 可知，此处作者认为这是一个错误的号码。故选 C 。
2 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：过了一会儿，电话又来了，我粗鲁地接了电话 “ 你拨错了！ ” 然后挂断。 A. refused 拒绝； B. explained 解释； C. answered 回答； D. returned 返回。根据下文的 ““You’ve dialed the wrong number!”” 可知，作者接起电话，粗鲁地回答。故选 C 。
3 ．考查动词短语辨析。句意：过了一会儿，电话又来了，我粗鲁地接了电话 “ 你拨错了！ ” 然后挂断。 A. turned off 关掉； B. hung off 挂断； C. got off 下车； D. took off 起飞，脱下。根据上文的 ““You’ve dialed the wrong number!”” 可知，说完对方打错了电话后，作者挂断了。故选 B 。
4 ．考查名词词义辨析。句意：在接下来的几天里，我不时接到同样的电话。 A. number 号码； B. call 呼叫； C. telephone 电话； D. result 结果。结合后文 “Then one day she constantly called me even though I didn't answer” 可知作者还是不停地接到这个电话。故选 B 。
5 ．考查介词词义辨析。句意：爸爸，我很痛。 A. in 在 …… 里； B. of 属于 …… 的； C. on 在 …… 上； D. at 在 …… 。根据下文的 “My daughter has suffered from bone cancer” 可知，这个孩子患了骨癌，由此推知她给作者说自己很痛。 be in pain“ 处于疼痛中 ” 。故选 A 。
6 ．考查名词词义辨析。句意：妈妈说你太忙了，没时间照顾我。 A. control 控制； B. attention 注意； C. care 关心； D. interest 兴趣。根据上文的 “Mom said you were too busy” 可知，女孩的爸爸太忙了，没时间照顾她， take care of 为固定搭配，意为 “ 关心，照顾 ” 。故选 C 。
7 ．考查名词词义辨析。句意：一个天真的请求是难以拒绝的。 A. condition 条件，状况； B. suggestion 建议； C. advice 建议； D. request 请求。根据上文的 “But, dad, please kiss me again, OK?” 可知，小女孩请求作者（她以为的爸爸）亲自己。故选 D 。
8 ．考查形容词词义辨析。句意：我在电话里大声地吻了一下，听到微弱的声音说， “ 谢谢你，爸爸，我很高兴，很高兴。 ”A. loud 响亮的； B. soft 温柔的； C. low 低沉的； D. sweet 甜蜜的。结合语境可知，她和作者正在打电话，作者要亲吻她只能够在电话里发出很响的亲吻声。故选 A 。
9 ．考查形容词词义辨析。句意：不久之后，我开始好奇谁给我打电话。 A. surprised 惊讶的； B. curious 好奇的； C. interested 感兴趣的； D. amazed 惊讶的。结合后文 “So I called back” 可知，作者回电话是因为对谁给自己打电话感到好奇。故选 B 项。
10 ．考查连词词义辨析。句意：我女儿从出生起就得了骨癌。 A. when 当； B. as 随着； C. since 自 ....... 以来； D. after 之后。结合语境和现在完成时的句型特点可知，女孩从出生开始就得了骨癌。故选 C 。
11 ．考查名词词义辨析。句意：她父亲不久前死于一场事故。 A. invitation 邀请； B. accident 事故； C. event 事件； D. experiment 实验。结合前文 “And her father… died” 推测女孩的父亲是死于一场事故。故选 B 。
12 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：当她不能忍受痛苦的化疗时，她会哭着找爸爸，爸爸经常鼓励她。 A. praised 表扬； B. supported 支持； C. satisfied 使满意； D. encouraged 鼓励。根据常识和上文的 “When she couldn’t bear the painful chemotherapy ( 化疗 )” 可知，当孩子感觉痛苦时，作为家长应该是鼓励她继续接受治疗。故选 D 。
13 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：我迫不及待地问。 A. expect 期待； B. help 帮助； C. wait 等待； D. want 需要。结合前文 “How is your daughter now?” 可知，得知女孩儿的情况，作者很担心她，迫不及待地问她现在怎么样。 can’t wait to do sth.“ 迫不及待做某事 ” 。故选 C 。
14 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：她去世了。 A. survived 活下来了； B. gone 去世了； C. passed 通过； D. escaped 逃走。结合后文 “She passed away with a smile, tightly holding the cell phone…” 可知，女孩去世了。故选 B 。
15 ．考查名词词义辨析。句意：我的眼里满是泪水，听到这个消息我非常伤心。 A. Anger 愤怒； B. Cries 哭泣； C. Tears 眼泪； D. Disappointment 失望。根据下文的 “I was so sad to hear that.” 结合上文提到女孩去世了，可推知作者很悲痛，以至于留下了眼泪。故选 C 。
It is well-known that all the world is a stage and all the men and women are merely players. 1 , now one homeless dog in the Turkish city of Izmit seems determined to perform on that stage as well. It is surprising but heart-warming.
When the dog made his 2 during an outdoor performance being given by a local theatrical troupe( 剧团 ), he wasn't 3 applause. It seems that Numan Ertuğrul Uzunsoy's acting of an injured man was so 4 that the dog believed the actor was actually hurt and in need of 5 .
As Uzunsoy lay on the ground 6 a fall from a horse, the dog came up to him and 7 began to lick his face and neck. It took a few seconds for Uzunsoy to 8 what was happening. “I felt warmth on my face. At first, I thought another performer was 9 me ,” Uzunsoy said. “I was very 10 when I felt the dog’s kisses...I was very glad. He wanted to help me. It was a very emotional and surprising moment for me. I was not 11 it.”
While the audience and cast members were obviously amused by the dog and didn’t mind the 12 , the dog was led offstage later. Uzunsoy continued his character and the 13 went on. The dog did not 14 around to take his curtain call( 谢幕 ). However, since the good dog was known to frequent the area where the performance took place, dog-loving Uzunsoy was 15 that he would see his unintentional costar again.
1 ． A ． Besides B ． Therefore C ． However D ． Otherwise
2 ． A ． deal B ． appointment C ． assumption D ． entrance
3 ． A ． breaking in B ． seeking for C ． taking on D ． cutting down
4 ． A ． explicit B ． amusing C ． abnormal D ． realistic
5 ． A ． guidance B ． applause C ． comfort D ． medicine
6 ． A ． pretending B ． considering C ． resisting D ． crashing
7 ． A ． gently B ． violently C ． casually D ． unwillingly
8 ． A ． explain B ． admit C ． predict D ． realize
9 ． A ． freezing B ． approaching C ． bothering D ． conveying
10 ． A ． annoyed B ． touched C ． embarrassed D ． ashamed
11 ． A ． appreciating B ． clarifying C ． expecting D ． accepting
12 ． A ． interruption B ． attention C ． outcome D ． arrangement
13 ． A ． rescue B ． joke C ． performance D ． visit
14 ． A ． spin B ． wait C ． undertake D ． perform
15 ． A ． astonished B ． evident C ． desperate D ． convinced
1 ． C
2 ． D
3 ． B
4 ． D
5 ． C
6 ． A
7 ． A
8 ． D
9 ． B
10 ． B
11 ． C
12 ． A
13 ． C
14 ． B
15 ． D
本文是一篇记叙文。文章讲述的是一个剧团在户外表演时一只流浪狗登上舞台，当狗看到假装从马上摔下来的 Uzunsoy 时，认为真受伤了，所以去舔躺在地上的演员，以示安慰， Uzunsoy 很受感动，但狗没谢幕就跑了。然而，因为这只好狗经常出现在演出的地方，爱狗的 Uzunsoy 相信他会再次见到他无意中的搭档。
1. 考查副词词义辨析。句意：然而，现在土耳其伊兹米特市的一只流浪狗似乎决心要在这个舞台上表演。 A. Besides 另外，此外； B. Therefore 因此； C. However 然而； D. Otherwise 否则，要不然的话。根据第 1 空前后 “It is well-known that all the world is a stage and all the men and women are merely players. ____1____ , now one homeless dog in the Turkish city of Izmit seems determined to perform on that stage as well.” 可知，前后是一种转折关系。故选 C 。
2. 考查名词词义辨析。句意：当这只狗在当地一个剧团的户外表演中出场时，它并不是为了寻求掌声。 A. deal 交易； B. appointment 约定，任命； C. assumption 假定； D. entrance 入口，进入。根据第 2 空前后 “When the dog made his ____2____ during an outdoor performance being given” 可知，此处指狗 “ 出场 ” 表演。故选 D 。
3. 考查动词短语辨析。句意：当这只狗在当地一个剧团的户外表演中出场时，它并不是为了寻求掌声。 A. breaking in 闯入； B. seeking for 寻找，追求； C. taking on 承担，呈现； D. cutting down 砍到，削减。根据第 3 空前后 “he wasn't ____3____ applause.” 可知，此处指狗出场表演不是为了 “ 掌声 ” 。故选 B 。
4. 考查形容词词义辨析。句意：似乎努曼 Ertuğrul Uzunsoy 扮演的受伤的人是如此的真实，以至于这只狗认为演员真的受伤了，需要安慰。 A. explicit 明确的； B. amusing 引人发笑的； C. abnormal 反常的； D. realistic 现实的，逼真的。根据第 4 空前后 “acting of an injured man was so ____4____ that the dog believed the actor was actually hurt” 可知，此处指表演 “ 逼真 ” 。故选 D 。
5. 考查名词词义辨析。句意：似乎努曼 Ertuğrul Uzunsoy 扮演的受伤的人是如此的真实，以至于这只狗认为演员真的受伤了，需要安慰。 A. guidance 指导； B. applause 欢呼； C. comfort 安慰，舒适； D. medicine 药，医学。根据第 5 空前的 “the dog believed the actor was actually hurt and in need of ____5____ .” 可知，此处指受伤的人需要 “ 安慰 ” 。故选 C 。
6. 考查动词词义辨析。句意：当 Uzunsoy 躺在地上假装从马背上摔下来时，这只狗走到他身边，轻轻地开始舔他的脸和脖子。 A. pretending 假装； B. considering 考虑，认为； C. resisting 抵抗，忍住； D. crashing 碰撞。根据第 6 空后 “a fall from a horse” 可知，此处指 Uzunsoy“ 假装 ” 摔下马。故选 A 。
7. 考查副词词义辨析。句意：当 Uzunsoy 躺在地上假装从马背上摔下来时，这只狗走到他身边，轻轻地开始舔他的脸和脖子。 A. gently 温柔地； B. violently 激烈地； C. casually 随便地； D. unwillingly 不情愿地。根据第 7 空后的 “began to lick his face and neck.” 可知，此处指狗 “ 温柔地 ” 去舔。故选 A 。
8. 考查动词词义辨析。句意： Uzunsoy 花了几秒钟才意识到发生了什么。 A. explain 解释； B. admit 承认； C. predict 预测； D. realize 意识到。根据第 8 空下文 “I felt warmth on my face.” 可知，躺在地上的 Uzunsoy“ 意识到 ” 了什么。故选 D 。
9. 考查动词词义辨析。句意：一开始，我以为是另一个表演者在靠近我。 A. freezing 结冰，凝结； B. approaching 靠近； C. bothering 烦扰； D. conveying 传达。根据第 9 空前后 “At first, I thought another performer was ____9____ me” 可知，此处指 “ 靠近 ” Uzunsoy 。故选 B 。
10. 考查形容词词义辨析。句意：当我感觉到狗的亲吻时，我非常感动 …… 我很高兴。 A. annoyed 恼怒的； B. touched 受感动的； C. embarrassed 尴尬的； D. ashamed 羞愧的。根据第 10 空后的 “when I felt the dog’s kisses...I was very glad.” 可知，此处指 Uzunsoy 因狗亲吻而 “ 受感动 ” 。故选 B 。
11. 考查动词词义辨析。句意：这对我来说是一个非常激动和令人惊讶的时刻。我没想到会这样。 A. appreciating 欣赏，感激； B. clarifying 净化，澄清； C. expecting 预测，期盼； D. accepting 接受。根据第 11 空前文 “It was a very emotional and surprising moment for me.” 可知，此处指 Uzunsoy 以前 “ 未料到 ” 。故选 C 。
12. 考查名词词义辨析。句意：虽然观众和演职人员显然被这只狗逗乐了，也不介意被打断，但这只狗后来被带离了舞台。 A. interruption 干扰； B. attention 注意力； C. outcome 结果； D. arrangement 整理，安排。根据第 12 空前的 “obviously amused by the dog and didn’t mind the ____12____ ,” 可知，此处指不介意被狗 “ 打断 ” 。故选 A 。
13. 考查名词词义辨析。句意： Uzunsoy 继续扮演他的角色，演出继续进行。 A. rescue 营救； B. joke 笑话； C. performance 表演，执行； D. visit 访问。根据第 13 空后的 “went on” 可知，此处指 “ 表演 ” 继续进行。故选 C 。
14. 考查动词词义辨析。句意：狗没有等在旁边谢幕。 A. spin 旋转； B. wait 等待； C. undertake 承担，保证； D. perform 执行，表演。根据第 14 空前后 “The dog did not ____14____ around to take his curtain call( 谢幕 ).” 可知，此处指够没有 “ 等待 ” 谢幕。故选 B 。
15. 考查形容词词义辨析。句意：然而，因为这只好狗经常出现在演出的地方，爱狗的 Uzunsoy 相信他会再次见到他无意中的搭档。 A. astonished 吃惊的； B. evident 明显的； C. desperate 不顾一切的； D. convinced 确信的。根据第 15 空下文 “he would see his unintentional costar again.” 可知，此处指 Uzunsoy“ 确信 ” 再见到那只狗。故选 D 。
While waiting for my train, I saw a young man sitting on the station 's floor, head down. I though the man was 1 . I looked around and nobody 2 , so I just shrugged and went on my way. After a few steps I 3 and found he was drunk. I asked him if he was OK and if he needed any 4 . He told me he was OK. He said his house was one station further.
He wanted to take the stairs but I 5 he would hurt himself since he seemed too 6 to walk. So I asked him to take the elevator. He 7 taking the stairs. I told him I would ride the elevator with him, even though my mind was trying to 8 me not to go into an elevator alone with a drunken man.
The man couldn't 9 well, so l asked him to walk a little more with me to 1 0 on a bench. While sitting there he 1 1 me, telling me that I saved him.
Finally, we got on the train. At the next 1 2 , as we said our goodbyes, I asked him to walk 1 3 . Before I knew it, he left $20 next to me on the seat and 1 4 out of the train. There was no way to give him back his money.
Now, my 1 5 is- what act of kindness shall I do with these $20?
1 ． A ． drinking B ． thinking C ． sleeping D ． recovering
2 ． A ． waited B ． stopped C ． acted D ． escaped
3 ． A ． turned B ． arose C ． suffered D ． bargained
4 ． A ． food B ． money C ． patience D ． help
5 ． A ． doubted B ． decided C ． hoped D ． feared
6 ． A ． fast B ． steady C ． weak D ． slow
7 ． A ． insisted on B ． dreamed of C ． believed in D ． depended on
8 ． A ． allow B ． invite C ． wish D ． remind
9 ． A ． sing B ． perform C ． stand D ． sleep
1 0 ． A ． rest B ． survive C ． chat D ． lie
1 1 ． A ． noticed B ． thanked C ． praised D ． begged
1 2 ． A ． position B ． journey C ． mile D ． station
1 3 ． A ． carefully B ． bravely C ． quickly D ． seriously
1 4 ． A ． moved B ． fled C ． dashed D ． jumped
1 5 ． A ． warning B ． question C ． wish D ． worry
1 ． C
2 ． B
3 ． A
4 ． D
5 ． D
6 ． C
7 ． A
8 ． D
9 ． C
1 0 ． A
1 1 ． B
1 2 ． D
1 3 ． A
1 4 ． C
1 5 ． B
这是一篇记叙文。 文章主要讲述了作者 - 次搭乘火车的经历：帮助一位 “ 醉汉 ” 搭乘火车回家 , 并在不知情的情况下收到了他的 “ 感谢金 20 元 ” 。
1 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意 : 我以为他在睡觉 , 我环顾四周，没有人停下来，所以我只是耸耸肩，继续走我的路。 A. drinking 喝酒； B. thinking 思考； C. sleeping 睡觉； D. recovering 恢复。根据下文 “so I just shrugged and went on my way.” 见没有别人停下来，作者以为这位男士低着头坐着在睡觉，只是耸耸肩离开了。故选 C 项。
2 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：我以为他在睡觉 , 我环顾四周 , 没有人停下来 , 所以我只是耸耸肩 , 继续我的路。 A. waited 等待； B. stopped 停止； C. acted 行动； D. escaped 逃避。火车站的人们本来都是匆匆赶自己的路，大家以为这位男士坐 " 在车站的地板上在睡觉，大家没有人停下来关注他。故选 B 项。
3 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意 : 走了几步 , 我转过身来 , 发现他喝醉了。 A. turned 转身，扭头 B. arose 产生，出现； C. suffered 遭受，患有； D. bargained 讨价还价；谈判。根据后文 “found he was drunk ( 发现他喝醉了 )” 可知，作者耸了耸肩，走了几步，后来又转过身才能发现这位年轻人的醉酒情况。故选 A 项。
4 ．考查名词词义辨析。句意 : 我问他是否还好，是否需要帮助。 A. food 食物； B. money 钱； C. patience 耐心； D. help 帮助。根据后文 “found he was drunk ( 发现他喝醉了 )” 作者知道他醉酒行动不受控制，询问这位喝醉的年轻人是否需要帮助。故选 D 项。
5 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：他想爬楼梯，但我担心他会受伤，因为他看起来太虚弱了，走不动路。 A. doubted 怀疑； B. decided 决定； C. hoped 希望； D. feared 害怕；恐怕。根据前文 “I saw a young man sitting on the station 's floor,” 及 “found he was drunk.” ，他喝醉了坐在地上，说明不能自己上台阶，因此所填空这里表示担心或恐怕他会摔到而受伤。故选 D 项。
6 ．考查形容词词义辨析。句意：他想爬楼梯，但我担心他会受伤，因为他看起来太虚弱了，走不动路。 A. fast 快； B. steady 稳定的； C. weak 虚弱无力的； D. slow 缓慢的。根据前文 “I saw a young man sitting on the station 's floor,” 及 “found he was drunk.” ，这位年轻人喝醉了坐在在地上，及后面让他乘电梯，不走步行梯说明他很没力气走路了。故选 C 项
7 ．考查动词词组辨析。句意：他坚持走楼梯。 A. insisted on 坚持非得要； B. dreamed of 梦想； C. believed in 相信； D. depend on 依赖；取决于。根据上文 “He wanted to take the stairs” 他要爬步行梯，及之后的 “So I asked him to take the elevator.” 我担心他摔到，建议他乘电梯，及空后 taking the stairs 作宾语，可知他固执坚持 insist on doing 走楼梯。故选 A 项。
8 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：我告诉他我愿意和他一起乘电梯，尽管我心里一直在提醒我不要和一个醉汉单独进电梯。 A. allow 允许； B. invite 邀请； C. wish 希望； D. remind 提醒。所填词应与之后的否定动词不定式搭配使用，构成 __ sb. not to do sth 结合句意，可以理解为提醒某人不要做某事。和醉汉在电梯这种密闭空间有可能出意外应警惕。故选 D 项。
9 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：那个人站不稳，所以我让他和我多走一段，在长凳上休息一下。 A. sing 唱歌； B. perform 完成 / 表演 / 执行； C. stand 站着 / 容忍； D. sleep 睡觉。这位年轻人喝醉了，且之前坐在地上，结合下文 “so l asked him to walk a little more with me to _rest_ on a bench” 我扶着他多走一段到长椅上休息，可知他 “ 站不好 ” 。 故选 C 项。
1 0 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：那个人站不稳，所以我让他和我多走一段，在长凳上休息一下。 A. rest 休息； B. survive 幸存； C. chat 聊天； D. lie 躺着。他酒醉自己站不稳，走路走不好，我扶着他走一会儿，看到长凳应该是休息（ rest ）一会儿，符合故事。故选 A 项。
1 1 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：他坐在那里感谢我，告诉我是我救了他。 A. noticed 注意； B. thanked 感谢； C. praised 表扬； D. begged 乞求。根据后文 telling me that I saved him" 他知道是作者救了他，所以表示感谢。故选 B 项。
1 2 ．考查名词词义辨析。句意：在下一站 , 我们道别时，我让他小心地走路。 A. position 位置 / 职位； B. journey 旅程； C. mile 英里； D. station 车站。根据名词的复现原则，前文 “He said his house was one station further and that he would only need to take the train home.” 提及 station 。故选 D 项。
1 3 ．考查副词词义辨析。句意：在下一站，我们道别时， 我让他走路小心。 A. carelfully 小心地； B. bravely 勇敢地； C. quickly 迅速地； D. seriously 严肃地。 根据前文 “since he seemed too__weak__to walk.” 他酒醉走路不稳，作者在告别时提醒他要小心走路。故选 A 项。
1 4 ．考查动词词义辨析。句意：我还没反应过来，他就把 20 美元放在我旁边的座位上，冲出了火车。 A. moved 搬家； B. fled 逃离； C. dashed 猛冲 / 赶紧 / 开； D. jumped 跳跃。根据后文 “There was no way to give him back his money.( 没有办法把钱还给他。 )” 说明年轻人走得很快。故选 C 项。
1 5 ．考查名词词义辨析。句意：现在，我的问题是一我该拿这 20 美元做什么善事呢 ?A. warning 警告； B. question 问题； C. wish 希望； D. worry 担心。根据下文 “what act of kindness shall I do with these $20?” 是一个疑问句，是作者心中想的问题。故选 B 项。
Why do most of us live our life always caring what people might say or think? Some of the decisions we make are just to please the outside world around us. I have always lived life pleasing the ever over-demanding society. This had a great effect on my search for authenticity ( 真实性 ). I only felt good enough when people paid attention to me. So I would frequently do things to catch people’s eye instead of placing emphasis on what really matters to me.
A recent experience changed my view. I had been looking for a tailor to mend some of my clothes. With the help of a few friends, I found one, who just so happened to go to the same gym as me. As we chatted, he shared his story and his use of drugs for muscle development with me. In his words, he weighed over 240 pounds and was the envy of a lot of people. So many people wanted to be like him and have a body like his, which made him use more drugs.
But within two years something happened. He began to have problems with his liver. The doctor advised him to stop using drugs and give up lifting heavy weights for a while. This was a hard decision because he had got so used to the attention from people. He didn’t want to give that up; who would? Right? That was it. He made me understand how he lived his life for people. He lost sight of what was best for him.
He told me not to live life thinking about too much what people think, feel, or say. Instead, live life with meaning. His story really has an effect on me. I have to look at my life to see what I do. I am not saying we shouldn’t take the advice of others into consideration, but we must work hard for continuous self-awareness ( 自我认识 ). If we can know what we’re doing and why we’re doing it, we can realize just how important that thing is to us.
1 ． What does the underlined phrase“placing emphasis on”mean?
A ． Looking forward to. B ． Paying attention to.
C ． Getting familiar with. D ． Taking pride in.
2 ． Why did the tailor use drugs?
A ． To lose weight. B ． To keep healthy.
C ． To treat his liver disease. D ． To improve his muscle and weight.
3 ． Why was the tailor unwilling to accept the doctor’s suggestion?
A ． He was afraid of losing others’admiration.
B ． He didn’t have any trouble with his health.
C ． He wanted to live a simple and easy life.
D ． He wasn’t able to lose sight of himself.
4 ． What lesson does the story tell us?
A ． We should live life to the fullest.
B ． Being open to others’advice is important.
C ． We should have a good understanding of ourselves.
D ． Nothing is more important than good health in our life.
1 ． B
2 ． D
3 ． A
4 ． C
1. 词句猜测题。根据上文 So I would frequently do things to catch people’s eye 可知，所以我经常做一些事情来吸引人们的眼球。由此可知，作者并没有把注意力放在对自己真正重要的事情上来。所以划线词的意思是 “ 注意力 ” 。故选 B 项。
2. 细节理解题。根据第二段 As we chatted, he shared his story and his use of drugs for muscle development with me. In his words, he weighed over 240 pounds and was the envy of a lot of people. 可知，我们聊天时，他和我分享了他的故事以及他使用药物促进肌肉发育的事情。用他的话说，他体重超过 240 磅，是很多人羡慕的对象。由此可知，裁缝用药品的目的是增强他的肌肉和增加他的体重。故选 D 项。
3. 细节理解题。根据第三段 This was a hard decision because he had got so used to the attention from people. 可知，这是一个艰难的决定，因为他已经习惯了人们的关注。由此可知，为什么裁缝不愿意接受医生的建议是因为他害怕失去别人的钦佩。故选 A 项。
4. 推理判断题。根据最后一段 I am not saying we shouldn’t take the advice of others into consideration, but we must work hard for continuous self-awareness ( 自我认识 ). If we can know what we’re doing and why we’re doing it, we can realize just how important that thing is to us. 可知，我不是说我们不应该考虑别人的建议，但我们必须努力工作，不断提高自我意识。如果我们知道我们在做什么和为什么要做，我们就能意识到这件事对我们有多重要。由此判断出，这个故事告诉我们应该好好了解自己。故选 C 项。
Remote technologies will play an increasingly-vital role in driving the education industry, as the COVID-19 pandemic( 流行病 ) forced the world to go remote, according to an industry insider.
“Remote technology is continuing to empower ( 授权 ) online education, with large migrations online. With the continuous application of new technology methods such as big data and artificial intelligence, students’ learning outcomes have been significantly improved,” said Wang Yan, chief architecture officer at Zuoyebang( 作业帮 ).
“Technology and outcomes are two major challenges that companies face when they transform from offline to online. The education industry is facing the largest traffic challenge ever,” Wang said.
To upgrade the infrastructure( 基础设施 ), Zuoyebang has continued to upgrade its technology, changing from its original single cloud service to multiple cloud services and from mostly using third-party live broadcast systems to now relying on an independent system.
“For online classes, only live-streaming can achieve a real interacting( 交互式的 ) effect, which can get both students and teachers more involved. It is impossible to achieve such outcomes through recorded and broadcast lessons,” he added.
The Beijing-based company developed a complete set of live-streaming architecture based on the ZRTC agreement. It can fully support classes, including one-on-one tutoring and six-to-six small interactive classes. In the five weeks from February 3 to March 9 last year, Zuoyebang has helped 275 teachers bring 1,832 classes to more than 33 million primary and middle school students across the country.
1 ． Which technique is most beneficial to students who have online classes?
A ． broadcast lessons B ． live-streaming
C ． face-to-face lessons D ． recorded lessons
2 ． It can be inferred from the passage that ________.
A ． Remote technology is a key driver for education.
B ． The company has upgraded its technology to overcome its challenge.
C ． The company that has livestreaming architecture can only support classical big classes teaching.
D ． Zuoyebang has helped thousands of primary and middle school students to have online classes.
3 ． What is the author’s attitude towards Remote technologies?
A ． Worried B ． Negative C ． Opposed D ． Confident
1 ． B
2 ． A
3 ． D
1. 细节理解题。根据第一段中 “Remote technologies will play an increasingly-vital role in driving the education industry ( 远程技术将在推动教育行业方面发挥越来越重要的作用 )” 和倒数第二段中 “For online classes, only live-streaming can achieve a real interacting( 交互式的 ) effect, which can get both students and teachers more involved. ( 对于线上课程来说，只有直播才能实现真正的互动效果，才能让学生和老师都更多地参与进来。 )” 可知，视频直播远程技术对线上课程的学生最有利。故选 B 项。
2. 推理判断题。根据第一段 “Remote technologies will play an increasingly-vital role in driving the education industry, as the COVID-19 pandemic( 流行病 ) forced the world to go remote, according to an industry insider. ( 一位业内人士表示，随着新冠肺炎流行病迫使全世界都走向远程，远程技术将在推动教育行业方面发挥越来越重要的作用。 )” 可知，远程技术是教育的一个关键驱动力。故选 A 项。
3. 推理判断题。根据第一段中 “Remote technologies will play an increasingly-vital role in driving the education industry ( 远程技术将在推动教育行业方面发挥越来越重要的作用 )” 和倒数第二段中 “For online classes, only live-streaming can achieve a real interacting( 交互式的 ) effect, which can get both students and teachers more involved. It is impossible to achieve such outcomes through recorded and broadcast lessons ( 对于线上课程来说，只有直播才能实现真正的互动效果，才能让学生和老师都更多地参与进来。通过录音和广播课程是不可能达到这样的效果的。 )” 以及最后一段中 “It can fully support classes, including one-on-one tutoring and six-to-six small interactive classes. ( 它可以完全支持课堂，包括一对一的辅导和六对六的小互动班。 )” 可推知，作者对远程技术充满信心。故选 D 项。
该作品由: 用户廖彬分享上传可圈可点是一个信息分享及获取的平台。不确保部分用户上传资料的来源及知识产权归属。如您发现相关资料侵犯您的合法权益，请联系 可圈可点 ，我们核实后将及时进行处理。